Strategic Workforce Planning
WHAT WE DO
Quantitative HR Programs – Metrics and Analytics
QHR applies our ability to paint pictures with data to influence leaders on a wide range of consulting assignments. While we have helped some of our clients with reward framework and remuneration design, QHR is becoming most known for our HR strategy work based on analytics.
QHR works with companies to understand the workforce requirements and implications of their business strategies in order to form commercially-grounded action plans. Some of the tools we use to facilitate the conversations needed for action are:
- Strategic Workforce Planning – integrating the workforce with strategic and operational business imperatives by applying dynamic modelling and integrated scenario planning to quantify current and future demand versus labour supply across the business plan horizon
- Deep dive analytics – Generate insights on opportunities for workforce optimisation and improvement by integrating data from payroll, broader HRIS, business, and customer systems
- Dashboards – Convey ongoing progress across a range of HR metrics to increase visibility of trends and accountability of business and HR
Underlying all of this work is our focus on the intersection of Strategy, Finance and HR for maximum business impact.
QHR is adept at using sophisticated analytics to understand the drivers of the business and provide solutions that realise clear and measureable outcomes. QHR is leading the market in using strategic workforce planning and analytics, HR metrics and dashboards as an enabler rather than an end to highlight the facts needed for the best decision making. Our ultimate value is in helping clients to accelerate and align the focus of their human capital on the achievement of business strategy.
Effective workforce utilisation is a strong competitive advantage for QHR clients – We believe analytical insights create the platform for actions needed to realise this advantage. Together, our team’s goal is to optimise the workforce over the short and long term. QHR is leading the market in using strategic workforce planning and analytics, HR metrics and dashboards as an enabler rather than an end to highlight the facts needed for the best decision making.
Our ultimate value is in helping clients focus their human capital on the achievement of business strategy.
Our ultimate value is in helping clients focus their human capital on the achievement of business strategy.
Creates actions to address labour gaps for clients to execute long term business strategy.
- Review the impact of critical business drivers on internal human capital need
- Integrate external labour market data to understand the client’s full labour outlook
- Utilise predictive analytics to determine the optimal interventions required to close identified gaps in people capability, quantity, quality, timing and location
- Transform the HR function from being reactive to a predictive and visionary function that is a real contributor to business direction
As a tool for gaining insights into client organisations for a competitive edge.
- Integrate and analyse multiple data sources into coherent and actionable information
- Enable fact based decision making around human capital and demonstrate the real economic value of HR programs
- Apply the financial disciplines to the workforce in the same way it is done for other business areas such as supply chain or marketing
Sets the structure of pay and incentive programs for clients to provide appropriate reward for business results.
- Review existing pay structures to identify opportunities for improvement in how clients effectively and efficiently compete in the market for talent
- Establish the remuneration strategy needed to support strategic and operational business objectives
- Create Short Term Incentive (STI) plans that grab employee attention and are useful management tools over many years
- Create Long Term Incentives (LTI) that clients use to align employee wealth with company value creation
Determines how clients select the people who will contribute to company success.
- Establish the criteria for people quality across performance, retention, and organisational fit
- Analyse the outcomes achieved from existing channels and forecast the results from potential channels
- Determining the optimal approach for companies to target and recruit the right workforce at the right cost
Provides clients with advice on the HR programs, organisational structures, and transformation initiatives for the best use of the workforce.
- Review of the required business objectives compared to the HR strategy and programs in place
- Analysis of comprehensive organisation and management data to understand areas for improvement in the utilisation of the workforce
- Design of HR initiatives such as organisational design reforms, restructures and new HR programs
WHO WE ARE
QHR is a management consulting firm that helps clients make smarter workforce decisions
Founded by Chris Hare and Alicia Roach, we employ a team of Associates and Analysts who speak the language of business. All of us strongly believe that competitive advantage springs from a proactive approach to human resources. With headquarters in Sydney and a presence in Melbourne, we are focused on lifting Corporate Australia’s approach to people.
Building on successful projects with over 40 clients and growing, we have extensive knowledge and experience in helping businesses from any industry. We collaborate with our clients to ensure that the solutions provided by QHR result in action. QHR understands that every company operates differently so we take the time to get to know you and your business strategy so that solutions are tailored to suit your specific needs. What sets us apart from other firms is our unique ability to combine dynamic analytics with visually compelling outputs to drive agreement on actions.
With 30 years of professional experience in consulting, finance and human resources. We help you make smarter workforce decisions by leveraging analytics and Strategic Workforce Planning.
Alicia is a co-founder of QHR and recognised thought leader through her application of Strategic Workforce Planning and Analytics for clients and in previous corporate roles. Alicia has successfully created CoE’s and built HR capability in many organisations who have looked to increase the financial and commercial focus of human capital.
During this time she also became involved in driving major transformation projects and strategic reviews for the organisation including in the human capital space. Alicia successfully combined business consulting with complex data analyses and sophisticated financial modelling to make strategic recommendations to business leaders.
Alicia spent some time in consulting before joining NBN Co, which as a start-up organisation of size and to-be scale provided her with a challenging opportunity! Alicia defined and implemented, from scratch, a HR Business Intelligence, Reporting and Workforce Planning Strategy and Roadmap to align with company objectives and drive the efficient delivery of NBN Co’s internal workforce. From development of analytical assets to enable strategic decision making, to organisational analysis and review to assess structural issues, to projects around deep insights for actionable intelligence, Alicia has developed a proven ability to create real solutions that deliver tangible value not just for HR, but for the entire business.
Alicia is passionate about building the understanding of, and the intrinsic need for the value that data can give in enabling organisations to understand and maximise their human capital, and in turn their business delivery. Her innovative approach, unique expertise and passion for the application of analytics in the workforce context, have established Alicia’s position as not only a thought leader, but in the unique position of actually having implemented cutting edge and comprehensive solutions in the Strategic Workforce Planning space.
Chris is a co-founder of QHR and is an innovative remuneration expert and HR leader. Along with experience consulting within Australia and in the US, Chris has managed major HR functions in-house and has been responsible for the upskilling of HR teams in the areas of remuneration, sourcing strategy, and strategic workforce planning.
Believing that corporate experience was necessary to increase his value as a consultant, Chris spent over seven years in corporate roles at Mirvac and NBN Co. At Mirvac, Chris established the remuneration function, introduced its first formal STI program, and overhauled the LTI program. With his role broadened to include divisional HR responsibility, Chris introduced HR coordination across previously decentralised regions and created a single performance management system. Chris spent the last six months at Mirvac as the Acting Group General Manager HR before moving on to NBN Co.
At NBN Co, Chris again established the remuneration function, designed the remuneration structure, and created the STI and recognition programs that remain in place. In addition, Chris managed the payroll function and was responsible for developing and implementing the performance management system. For the last two years, his role expanded and Chris took direct management of the Recruitment and Workforce Planning functions where he introduced candidate assessments, the roadmap to evolve from volume-based to value-added recruitment, and the creation of a Sourcing function.
WHAT WE HAVE DONE
Manage Workforce With Remuneration Strategies, Gender Equity & Analytics
Diagnostics ? Analysis & Insights ? Solutions & Advice ? Impact
QHR understands that the workforce is critical for the execution of business strategy and operational imperatives. Through our work in building strategic workforce plans, conducting sophisticated HR analytics and remuneration programs, we have helped clients to both improve productivity now and ensure a sustainable future. We have reviewed many client workforce intricately using workforce data analytics combined with qualitative insights to ensure that they get the most out of their people.
Along with understanding the immediate commercial impact, QHR has used knowledge of the workforce to determine the actions needed for ongoing value creation.
From insights into how the workforce drives commercial outcomes, who is needed when and where, why people leave, or stay, what roadblocks hinder HR programs, to how the future of work impacts resource needs, QHR has helped many organisations achieve a more productive and diverse workforce that truly delivers commercial results and drives business performance.
Whether you have a specific issue that you need to understand and address now (e.g., turnover or gender equity), or you want to look to the future to ensure that your business is one step ahead of the twists and turns, QHR can help ensure you are best placed to deliver your business objectives and give you that competitive edge.
From insights into who you need when and where, why people leave, why people stay, what motivates people’s best efforts, to how we can tailor programs to reward them, QHR’s goal is to help you achieve a more productive workforce.
Whether you have a specific issue that you need to understand and address now, or you want to look to the future to ensure that your business is one step ahead of the twists and turns, QHR can help ensure you are best placed to deliver your business objectives and give you that competitive edge.